Security agencies have busted a suspected terror module with cross-border links, arresting six operatives as investigators probe connections to handlers in Pakistan and Bangladesh. Officials say the group was allegedly planning attacks in India under foreign direction
Security agencies have foiled a major terror conspiracy after arresting six suspects allegedly involved in planning attacks in India, with investigators probing links to handlers in Pakistan and Bangladesh, reported news agency ANI.
The arrests were made in coordinated operations across Tamil Nadu and West Bengal, with officials describing the crackdown as a big breakthrough in dismantling a suspected cross-border terror module. Authorities believe the group had been operating under instructions from foreign handlers and was in the advanced stages of planning attacks.
According to investigators, the suspects had allegedly conducted reconnaissance of potential targets and maintained contact with operatives outside India, raising concerns about a broader international network.
Arrests across multiple locations
Six suspects were detained from garment manufacturing units in Tiruppur district in Tamil Nadu, while two others were arrested from West Bengal as part of the wider investigation.
The accused have been identified as Mizanur Rahman, Mohammad Shabat, Umar, Mohammad Litan, Mohammad Shahid, and Mohammad Ujjal. Officials said at least one of those arrested is a Bangladeshi national.
#WATCH | Tiruppur, Tamil Nadu | Visuals of the six arrested accused, namely Mizanur Rahman, Mohammad Shabat, Umar, Mohammad Litan, Mohammad Shahid, and Mohammad Ujjal from Tamil Nadu, being taken to Delhi, yesterday.
The six accused were arrested by the Delhi Police. https://t.co/SAkLoE8Bji pic.twitter.com/PykAiqRrOv
— ANI (@ANI) February 22, 2026
Police recovered multiple mobile phones and SIM cards during the raids, which are now being examined for evidence of communication with suspected handlers and potential accomplices. Authorities also found forged Aadhaar cards allegedly used by the suspects to conceal their identities and move freely.
Radical links and surveillance activity uncovered
Investigators said the module first came under scrutiny after provocative posters appeared in parts of Delhi, including inside metro stations. The posters contained inflammatory messaging and triggered a deeper probe into their origin.
During questioning, officials found that the suspects had allegedly shared extremist content online and maintained contact with operatives linked to Pakistan-based and Bangladesh-based terror organisations.
Police said the group was suspected of aiding terrorist activities and may have been part of a sleeper cell tasked with carrying out attacks or supporting operations inside India.
Authorities are now transporting the accused to Delhi for further interrogation and legal proceedings. Investigators are also analysing digital evidence recovered from their devices to trace additional suspects, funding channels, and possible foreign links.
Officials described the operation as a major success in preventing a potential terror strike and warned that investigations are ongoing to dismantle the entire network.
Security agencies have intensified surveillance and coordination efforts to identify any remaining operatives linked to the module and prevent future threats.
End of Article