David Beckham avoided answering questions about his son Brooklyn’s public family feud at the World Economic Forum. Former assistant Rebecca Loos also weighed in, saying “the truth always comes out” after Brooklyn’s Instagram posts about his parents.
Former football superstar David Beckham made his first public appearance since his son Brooklyn Beckham’s explosive social media posts about a rift with his parents, but he declined to answer questions about the situation.
Beckham, 50, attended the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland on January 20, a day after Brooklyn’s lengthy Instagram statement, where the 26-year-old criticised both his father and mother, Victoria Beckham, amid ongoing speculation about tensions within the Beckham family.
Beckham Silent on Family Questions
During the Davos event, Beckham smiled for cameras and carried on with his schedule but dodged questions from journalists about his eldest son’s public remarks, according to a report in People. When reporters asked, “David, do you have a message for Brooklyn this morning?” and “Are you disappointed family business is being aired in public?”, he walked on without commenting.
The World Economic Forum brings together global leaders in government, business and civil society to discuss major global issues. Beckham’s presence in Davos focused on his work and speaking engagements, not his personal life.
Brooklyn’s Public Statement
Brooklyn’s Instagram posts sparked widespread attention, with him accusing his
parents of trying “endlessly to ruin” his relationship with his wife, actress Nicola Peltz Beckham, and saying he
does not want to reconcile with his family. He also said he was standing up for himself after years of feeling controlled and misrepresented by the family’s public narrative.
In parts of his message,
Brooklyn claimed his parents prioritised the “Brand Beckham” image over genuine family connection and cited instances such as disagreements around his wedding and social media portrayal.
Former Assistant Weighs In
Adding to the conversation, Rebecca Loos, a former assistant to David Beckham who previously made headlines in the early 2000s for alleging a past affair with him, has publicly reacted to Brooklyn’s posts with support.
Loos took to social media to comment on Brooklyn’s candid remarks, writing “the truth always comes out” and expressing empathy for his wife Nicola, whom she said she had _“_felt so bad for” given what she described as a difficult situation.
Loos’ comment drew attention given her history with the Beckham family, though a spokesperson for David and Victoria Beckham has not publicly responded to the feud or to her remarks.
As of now, David and Victoria Beckham have not issued a public statement addressing their son’s accusations, and it remains unclear whether private discussions behind the scenes may help resolve the dispute.
End of Article