Two terrorists linked to Jaish-e-Mohammad were killed during an intelligence-led encounter with security forces in the Chatroo belt of Kishtwar district on Sunday, officials said. The operation, launched under Operation Trashi-1, followed specific inputs about militant presence in the area.
Two terrorists were killed in an encounter with security forces in the Chatroo belt of Kishtwar district on Sunday during Operation Trashi-1, officials said.
The gunfight broke out in the Passerkut area after security forces received specific intelligence about the presence of two Pakistani terrorists linked to Jaish-e-Mohammad. Acting on the inputs, joint teams of the Army, Jammu and Kashmir Police and Central Reserve Police Force launched a search operation.
#𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗞𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗽𝘀 | #𝗢𝗽𝗧𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶-𝗜 | #𝗧𝘄𝗼𝗧𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝘀𝗞𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗱
𝗧𝗪𝗢 𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗦 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗 | 𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗜-𝗜
Pursuant to credible intelligence inputs collated from #JKP, #IB and own intelligence sources, a…
— White Knight Corps (@Whiteknight_IA) February 22, 2026
According to officials, the terrorists were hiding inside a mud house at the foothills and opened fire on the approaching troops, triggering an intense exchange of gunfire. Both terrorists were neutralised during the operation, and war-like stores, including two AK-47 rifles, were recovered from the site.
Army statement on operation
In a statement, the Army’s White Knight Corps said troops re-engaged the terrorists in challenging terrain following credible intelligence inputs. The Corps said forces displayed tactical precision and coordination while dominating the encounter site, adding that operations in the area are ongoing.
Recent encounters in region
The snow-bound Chatroo forest belt has witnessed multiple encounters in recent weeks as security forces intensified operations to track down militants operating in the upper reaches of the Jammu region.
Earlier this month, security forces neutralised two Pakistani terrorists, including a senior JeM commander, in Udhampur district. Arms and ammunition, including an M4 carbine and an AK assault rifle, were recovered during that operation.
Operations to continue
Security forces said broader counter-terror operations in the region will continue.
End of Article